These are the bases that I have found and used to much success. There are many different types of setups, and there is no such thing as a ‘Unbeatable’ setup. But these setups I’m about to show you should increase you’re successful defenses. RED will represent Weaknesses and Cons to the Base. The BLUE will represent Strengths.
This Base works the best when it is placed at the back of your Island, and it defends against most troop types. This base is truly a Moderate base for new lvl 18 HQ players. So if you’ve just upgraded from 17 to 18, this should be a good setup.
“The Classic Corner”
This is a Common Setup, and I see players with this setup all the time. The Headquarters is placed in the top right corner of the island with mines laid down in front of the HQ. This is a good warrior defense. It prevents players from warrior rushing up the side of your island.» read the rest!
By Commander Atsjne
Hey what’s up guys, hope you are enjoying the new updates. I am here today with something new, something you have never seen in any tutorial before because most players who discover it do not tell anybody about it! I will share this secret with you in a few second so get ready.
I am sure your you have noticed that some players with high HQ level have some missing mandatory buildings from their base. Calm down guys, this is not a cheat or a hack – just a defense strategy. The secret you have been waiting for guys is that you can hide mostly all you non defense buildings from your base using trees.
Actually not all trees, only two kinds of trees.
Below is a screenshot of my base, try to find the hidden buildings. 😏😏
Advantages of hiding non defense buildings
I’m sure you are asking your self why should someone hide non-defense buildings from his base?» read the rest!
Commander Coblt submitted this base to Reddit. He is looking for improvements to his level 35 base, so we’re here with some advice!
At First Glance:
» read the rest!
- Ok, so there’s some pretty big changes that need to be made, one of which is our most talked about recommendation: spacing.
- Spacing breaks down into how far apart your defenses are, what distance your defenses can reach when they are x-blocks apart, and how much concentrated firepower you have in an area so that they can focus fire a group of units.
- Many bases have problems similar to Coblt’s, as the buildings are too spaced out. At the moment, a group of Tanks or Heavy/Zookas could march in and pick off the defenses one-by-one when multiple defenses could have been hammering on the attackers all at the same time. Having defenses spaced out also means that some buildings will just be completely out of range of the attackers and will be avoided all together.
Thanks to Commander NuclearBombMan for his base submission! He has asked us for advice with defending his base from high level Tank/Medic and Hooka strategies, so let’s see what he’s got!
At First Glance:
- Good looking, symmetrical base design with most resource buildings hidden away to prevent giving the enemy free energy.
- Front line defenses look a little weak to Heavies and Tanks since there is no single target DPS, but the greatest gap in defense is around the back left side of the base where there are at most 3 Cannons/Boom Cannons.
According to the owner, this base has particular trouble dealing with Tank/Medics and Hooka strategies since opponents will either destroy or evade his high damage, single target defenses. These are tough combinations to deal with, but the solution here is building distribution and density.
A critical strategy in Boom Beach, especially for units with range like Tanks and Zookas, is to clear out one side of the defenses to make a path to the HQ; if you only need to destroy part of the defenses, you can spend less time, keep more of your units alive, and avoid fighting more defense as an avoided defense is basically the same as a destroyed one.» read the rest!