Well here’s a guide to help you Clashers get adjusted to Boom Beach! We’re breaking down the key differences between these games, detailing unique features of Boom Beach, and adding some tips to help you get a great start!
While in Boom Beach you can only build/upgrade one building at a time, the building time is much faster.
For example, the longest build time in Boom Beach is 2 days for the highest level Headquarters (HQ) while a Clash of Clans Town Hall takes 14 days.
Overall, you can max out your buildings in Boom Beach much faster than you could have in Clash of Clans even though Clash has more builders.
If they survive a battle, you get to keep your troops and can continue attacking if you’d like.
This means that with good strategy and execution, you can raid one base after another with no downtime!
However, unlike Clash, leveling up your HQ at every opportunity has no downside.
We recommend upgrading it whenever you have a chance!
- Your matchmaking level is not determined based on your HQ level.
- You don’t have to focus on maxing out all your other buildings and upgrades first.
- Having a higher level HQ won’t decrease your raid rewards.
However, a major difference between the games is that all of the gunboat’s different abilities can be used multiple times in a battle and they will automatically replenish after the mission is done. No need to make more!
Because of this, you can contribute significantly to each battle and help your troops destroy the enemy’s base!
In Boom Beach however, all of the resources are “stored” in the Headquarters, and destroying it is the only way that you or your opponent gain all the resources in it. None of the other buildings around the base store materials, so it’s all or nothing on beating your enemy’s HQ!
- Attacks are much more controlled in Boom Beach as you can direct your troops to certain locations with the Flare ability
- There are no walls to impede movement or attacking so you can cleverly plan your attacks to avoid tough defenses.
- You can’t lose Victory Points (Trophies) by failing attacks – you only lose them through losing at defense.
- Each week there are two NPC events known as Dr. Terror invasions. These multistage bases are an excellent source of materials to help you build your pricier upgrades!
You decide how you would like to focus your base’s bonuses.
- Ever built an excellent base that you were proud of successfully defending 9/10 times?
- Wish you got rewarded for it?
- Well now you do!
Successfully repelling an enemy’s attack in Boom Beach not only protects all your resources, but also rewards you with coveted Diamonds, Boom Beach’s rare in-game currency.
You can also accumulate Intel for your Task Force, Boom Beach’s clan system!
These operations are super-powered versions of normal missions in Boom Beach and require an immense amount of coordination and tactics to beat. With over 20 scenarios of increasing difficulty, beating them will require a lot of brains and finesse, but if done successfully the rewards can be grand!