Big news from Supercell as multiplayer missions are en route!
While hinted at in the prior Revenge of the Magma update, Multiplayer Task Forces were finally spoiled yesterday by the community managers at Supercell.
Tim[SuperCell]The original post can be read here.
Sneak Peek #1 – TASK FORCES
Soon you’ll be able to join forces with other players and fight the Blackguard together!!
Forum exclusive info:
✔ Task Forces will come in four different max player sizes: 5, 10, 25 and 50.
✔ You start at 5 and can choose to increase to 10, 25 or 50.
✔ Once you increase your Task Force’s max player size, you can NEVER decrease it again (this is because there are separate leaderboards for each size bracket).
✔ Bigger Task Forces can take on more difficult operations and potentially get greater rewards, but the challenge of successfully coordinating at a larger scale should be considered!
✔ Task Forces become available at HQ 6.
Keep an eye out for videos about the above from the YouTubers who visited Supercell HQ recently!
- You can only be a part of One Task Force.
- You can create and customize your Task Force’s emblem
- There will be a task force chat to communicate with other members in your Task Force
- You can set VP entry requirements for your Task Force (100, 200, 300, 400, etc)
- Task Forces can only be created once a week
- You can earn Force Points and Intel. Intel is used like gold, and is the currency needed to attack a Task Force base (called an Operation).
While it may be a couple weeks before the update hits the beaches, lots of people are already rearing to go for this much awaited multiplayer/social interaction aspect of Boom Beach and are starting to reach out and make Task Forces already.
This is actually the biggest news for Boom Beach in awhile and is one of the aspects that makes its Supercell sibling, Clash of Clans, so popular.
I have really high hopes for this update and I believe it will really revolutionize Boom Beach and make it 1,000 times better than before!