Welcome back to the one unit series, where feature the strengths and weaknesses of your Boom troops. There’s nothing else quite like the Medic Platoon. It’s a support unit that can really reward you for strong positioning play. Pair these troops with a squad of Tanks or Riflemen and watch them go to town!
Medics, in Depth
- Medics are uniquely suited to use the buddy system! Pack along at least two Medics in your landing craft – they’ll prioritize healing each other and keep stray sniper fire from ruining your day.
- You can certainly pair your Heavies with Medics. However, watch out for not finishing combats in the 4 minute timeframe. Use this technique against an opponent that is using only an array of sniper towers to guard their headquarters.
- Warriors and Medics don’t mix – they’ll speed off into combat and leave the support units in the dust to be picked off by poorly-guided mortars.
- Zookas are similarly poor comrades because they’ll likely be one-shot by many base defenses. You can’t heal a weak constitution!
- Tanks are the best companion for Medics, but beware their natural counter: Cannons and Boom Cannons. These fearsome structures can go toe-to-toe with your range and deal too much damage for Medics to heal. Always Shock Bomb or Barrage. these structures when you can.
Fighting Against Medics
- Because Medics can’t fire, the real section header here is how to fight against rapidly regenerating Tanks, Heavies, or Riflemen.
- Surround your Cannons and Boom Cannons with a palisade of smaller defense such as high-level Sniper Towers. Have the heavy artillery cover on side of your HQ, and line the other with your Boom Mines.
- Figure out the place where opponents are most likely to use Flares to get into your base, and put a few Sniper Towers halfway along this line – this way, when enemies want to Flare again to carve deeper towards your Headquarters, the slower-moving Medics may change direction and wander into Sniper Fire.
- Place Mortars behind Flamethrowers to punish regenerating Riflemen and catch slower moving groups of Medics.
Field Testing in Action
As always, we’ll wrap up with some in-game footage featuring our spotlit unit. Here’s Boom Beach General with a fearsome Tank-Medic combo!
Hope these tactics win you many battles to come! Until next we meet on the battlefield.