Are you great at Boom Beach?
Do you know the best ways of attacking with Heavy Zooka or navigating a minefield with Smoky Warriors?
Are you the leader of a big Task Force climbing the boards and looking for some fresh recruits?
Then perhaps you can be a BoomBeachHQ writer!
We’re looking for some talented players and writers to join our team of Boom Beach guide writers. We know there are lots out of good players out there, and we’d like to see you here too!
If you think you have the chops, apply here! » read the rest!
- Write Guides on Boom Beach Strategies or Mechanics
- Advertise your Task Force for Recruitment
- Have your guide read by thousands of other Boom Beach enthusiasts!
Welcome back to the one unit series, where feature the strengths and weaknesses of your Boom troops. We’re looking at that explosive throwing professional, the Grenadier today!
It’s a unit that has a ridiculously long range as well as an explosive that deals damage over a decent area. Recent patches have also made him even stronger by increasing his already long range and increasing his attack speed.
While seemingly gimmicky, Grenadiers can be immensely useful in protecting your main army as well as taking entire bases by themselves.
Grenadiers, in Depth
Basically, the grenadier fills an interesting niche of
“I want to blow those things up waaaay over there, but I don’t want to walk that close.”
» read the rest!
- Grenadiers can use time at the start of the battle to clear several defenses almost for free.
- Grenadiers can soften up Boom Cannons and other defenses so single artillery shells or barrages can destroy them.
Have you or your friends fought on the fields of Clans and are you looking to try the sandy shores of Boom Beach?
Well we’ve put together a guide to help Clashers get adjusted to shores of Boom Beach!
We’ve broken down the key differences between these games, detailed unique features of Boom Beach, and added some of our own tips to help Clashers get a great start with our Top 10 Tips for Clash of Clans Veterans!
» read the rest!
Volcanic Incarnate | The Scorcher!
Alright boys, big news today! Those eggheads over at R&D cobbled together a monstrosity of a tank – built from 188 tons of dwarven steel and brimstone and with the demeanor of a dragon to boot, The Scorcher Tank is ready for action!
- This beast fills up 21 slots of a landing craft.
- It boasts a ridiculous 25,000 health at level one, the most of any unit by a long shot, and at max level it is 40,000 hp!
- Equipped with a flamethrower, this unit deals out a ton of damage at close range (about that of a maxed level Warrior). The flames are also AOE, hitting buildings behind its initial target and setting them aflame for additional burning damage over time.
- For a full list of stats and strategies, check out the Scorcher Page!
Other New Stuff |
Some cool new visual effects, and more types of Operation layouts and Task Force features.
- New Power Base tactical note system for Task Forces
- See information about your attacker’s statues
- Several new Power Base layouts
- Find new wildlife on your island
- Female villagers
- New Gunboat upgrade visuals
- New Flamethrower upgrade visuals
- New, more accurate visual effect for Boom Mine explosions
- Tap on your Submarine’s dive location while it’s exploring the depths
Gameplay Changes |
» read the rest!
- The Grenadier now throws faster and further, with a slightly increased grenade explosion radius (DPS remains the same)
- Statue boosts will pause automatically during maintenance
- Increased Ice Statue boost times to 10h per PP
- Cannons, Boom Cannons and Boom Mines no longer deal double damage to Tanks, but instead deal more damage overall
- Tanks do more damage and train faster, but have less health
- Operation Intel costs now scale according to the size of your Task Force (tap here for more info)
- Sabotage price reduced (initially 3, then +2 per subsequent sabotage)
- Better pathfinding for all troops
- Gunboat ability grid when attacking is now pixel precise
- Recommended Task Forces now tell you why they’re being recommended to you
- Matchmaking for 600 VPs and upwards has been changed
- PvP loot bonus is no longer determined by the strength of your opponent’s defenses, only their total XP matters
- Added bonus to loot when attacking high VP players