There weren’t any significant changes to gameplay: trees now grow back occasionally to provide additional sources of wood, NPC matchmaking is more appropriate for high level players, etc. However, I think there are several other good things to take away from this update.
Overall the visuals and performance of Boom Beach are a lot crisper now as there were always mixes of old and new graphics, and we are seeing SuperCell review and implement a lot of the community’s feedback as seen in several suggestion inspired features. We also confirmed rumors about “social” features in the works, so hopefully those friends of yours might can help out or work together.
Check back next time when (fingers crossed) we’ll have social gameplay with guilds, co-op base raids, and other fun features to talk about.
- Similar to their frosty analogue, volcanic islands got a visual upgrade and have a chance to drop magma crystals.
- Trees will now randomly grow back on your home base island
- If a lot of enemy base buildings remain after the HQ is destroyed, they will blow up faster
- New dive location for Radar level 5
- Improved endgame NPC matchmaking, no more low level Blackguard bases for endgame players
- Improved game loading speed and overall performance
- Restored Fair Play, by patching abuses some players were taking advantage of.
- New graphics for resource storages
- New Statue graphics and effects
- Defense building visual improvements, including distinctive building bases to easily spot them
- Hot new effects: enemy HQ now burns when damaged, Flamethrower fire and Gunboat smoke improved
- Improved and extra boomy effects for rocket explosions and Boom Cannon shell impacts
- Daily Summary popup info is now more informative
- Enemy Activity log shows which lost villages can be attacked immediately
- You can now access the Armory to check unit stats and upgrade costs even while an upgrade is underway in the Armory
- Fixed Rocket Launcher damage per second info