The HQ is your base of operations. All technology advancements and building upgrades are developed through your HQ and each new level unlocks units, buildings, and upgrades. The HQ also plays a critical role in attacking as destroying a player’s HQ will instantly win the battle. Conversely, it is very important to protect your HQ against attacks as its destruction will result in a loss.
Things to Know:
- When other buildings are destroyed, a portion of their max health is dealt as damage to the HQ.
- Aside from unlocking new units, buildings and upgrades, upgrading an HQ will also increase its max health allowing it to survive longer against attacks.
- Your Headquarters is the only building that needs to survive an attack for you not to lose the battle.
HQ PlacementShould you place your HQ at the back of the map? At the center of your defenses? On the edge by the landing crafts? Here are a few tips and considerations.
- If you place your HQ at the back of your base, enemy units will have to travel all the way to the back in order to destroy your HQ, crossing all your defenses along the way. More time traveling = more time for your defenses to destroy them and may prevent strategies like mass warriors from blitzing your HQ. However, beware of troops moving behind your HQ and out of range of your defenses.
- Keep in mind that the trees on your island will not stop units from moving through them. If your HQ is not adequately defended from the back, the enemy can move units through the trees and hit it from behind where you might not have defenses.
- Placing your base against the edge of the map or in a corner can be good since it limits the angles your enemy can attack from. Your defenses may also be denser since you will have fewer sides to defend.
- Having your HQ in the center of the map gives you enough space to balance your defenses around your HQ while also covering your resource and support buildings. However, you will also have to cover all sides of your base – spreading out your defensive structures.
ExperienceIn order upgrade your HQ, you’ll need to have enough experience. Experience can be gained by placing buildings and upgrading buildings, units, or gunboat abilities.
HQ UnlocksThe following sections show the new and additional buildings, units, and gunboat abilities that are unlocked with each HQ level. You can quickly jump to a section using the menu to the left or click on an icon for more information about the item.
HQ Level 1-5
HQ Level 6-10
HQ Level 11-15
HQ Level 16-20
Building Upgrade Cost
|Level||Hitpoints||Wood||Stone||Iron||Upgrade Time||XP Level Required|
Where to next? Check out our other amazing guides!